Washburne Culinary InstituteAdviser | Saturday, December 4th, 2010 | No Comments »
Washburne Culinary Institute is already a quality, yet inexpensive, culinary arts program but they still provided about $50,000 in scholarship money for 2010.
Here are two scholarships that you could earn if you are currently attending or considering attending Washburne Culinary Institute:
The Harold Washington Scholarship
The Harold Washington Scholarship is designed to assist full-time (12 credit hours or more) students who have demonstrated academic/leadership/athletic prowess, and who wish to obtain an Associate’s Degree at Kennedy-King College.
*GPA’s are as follow (academic 3.0/leadership 2.5/athletic 2.0)
As a perspective recipient, you cannot receive money for this scholarship if you have been awarded ISAC Monetary Award Program, commonly known as the MAP Grant.
Fall – Last Friday in June
Spring – Last Friday in November
Summer – Last Friday in March
Along with the required GPA, applicants need to provide a letter identifying your career goals, 2 letters of recommendation, and incoming freshmen must submit a copy of their academic transcripts or GED test scores.
2010 Washburne Culinary Institute Scholarship
Due Date: 3/14/2011
Washburne Culinary Institute currently has a scholarship for continuing students in their culinary arts or baking & pastry classes.
Applicants must demonstrate the following…
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Demonstrate financial need with a copy of current City College financial aid report
- Be a current student with at least 1 more semester to attend for the advanced certificate or degree
Applicants also need to…
- Submit the application form
- Type a 1 page doubled-spaced essay about how you became interested in the culinary or baking/pastry field and your career goals.
- 1 or more letters of recommendation from a work, volunteer reference, college instructor in another subject area or high school teacher if you graduated within the last two years.
- Copy of your student aid report, qualified non-citizen form or transcript showing you already have a bachelor’s degree.
- Copies of any awards or special recognition
- Instructor Evaluation Forms will be requested only after you have submitted your completed application.